People will come to learn that I'm a huge fan of Disney (my favourite is Peter Pan and I guess you can call me both a collector and obsessor when it comes to that story). Although it isn't my favourite, a little Mickey goes a long way for me so imagine how happy I am to see the photos from STAYREAL's Disney Collection which is (perfectly) modelled by the boys of FTIsland.

I love the dance and hiphop/rnb genre in Kpop, but I can safely say that my favourite is pop-rock and I think the Kpop bands do this perfectly. Although I first came to know FTIsland's lead singer Lee Hongki through his role as Jeremy in You're Beautiful, it is definitely their music that keeps me hooked. Their Korean tracks tend to be more poppy, while they rock out a little more to their Japanese tracks (which are perfect for me).










I love these shirts with their not so subtle hints at pop culture appropriation. Clearly STAYREAL has had the go ahead from Disney to use their mascot (and let's stop to imagine how expensive that licensing fee would have been) but all the references to the other brands are definitely quirky additions. Boy London is the most obvious reference, alongside Chanel, Supreme and two which I definitely know but can't quite remember (feel free to drop it down in a comment).

Pop Art seems to be a major thing in fashion right now, with Jeremy Scott, Lady Gaga (the perfect Pop Art muse) and artists like Jeff Koons popping up everywhere. Although they all come with a hearty serving of criticism, I'm personally loving it. I loved Pop Art as a movement, with all its political commentary that no one seemed to understand, and so seeing people wear it on the streets is amazing. It's similar to the use of comic strips and advertising back when the style first exploded - it's ironic, and not in a hipster kind of way.

I just hope that people understand that.

Check out some more of STAYREAL's Disney collection (including the womens wear line) here.





One Comment

  1. Clothing - http://www.robecart.com/category/clothing/pants-leggings_101/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.