Anyone who knows me (and you don't even have to know me well) knows that I am a massive fangirl, especially when it comes to kpop and kdrama. As much as I love watching other shows as well, my favourite being Pretty Little Liars and the Haleb pairing, there is something about the Kdrama hero who always manages to capture your heart.

And so, here it is; Top 5 Men of Kdrama. Or, at least, the top five for tonight.

Cha Jae Wan (Hotel King)

I didn't know anything about Lee Dongwook aside from what is on Roommates and so went into Hotel King with absolutely no expections. However, his portray of the serious and broody Cha Jae Wan (or Jayden) has made me absolutely fall for him. While a lot of dramas have 'cute' male leads, I love Jae Wan for his undeniable masculinity - he's a ruthless businessman, he passionately and wholeheartedly loves Mo Ne and he's the stony, quiet type (which I love). Aside from that, we know that I love myself a misunderstood bad boy, and Jae Wan is exactly that along with his dark past of possibly being a murderer (albeit in self defence).


Park Heung Soo and Go Nam Soon (School 2013)

These boys go together because there is absolutely no way for me to choose between them. Park Heung Soo (Kim Woobin) is your typical bad boy from school again - the bully that everyone is afraid of but, in a nice twist of events here, the one that people should actually be afraid of is Nam Soon (Lee Jong Suk) who broke Heung Soo's leg.

It was actually through School 2013 that I came to love both of these actors, because I thought their portrayal of the delicate relationship between the two was so perfect. In the end though, don't we all want to go on (at least) a date with the cheeky Nam Soon and the rough around the edges Heung Soo?



Lee Yoon Sung (City Hunter)

City Hunter is probably (and I think will forever be) my favourite role of Lee Minho. Why? Because the poor guy is finally out of a school uniform and playing someone with actual depth. As a drama, the initial setting up of the story was brilliant - I'm all for the whole espionage and government corruption plot line.

As for Yoon Sung, he really caught my eye when they first showed him in Thailand. Although he's bright and cheeky, he has a darkness and maturity about him that only comes forth from a really painful past. Throughout the whole drama, the tension between him and his adopted father is beautifully portrayed, even up to the ending. For me, Yoon Sung is the kind of character that you fall in love with over and over but, in the end, you really just want the guy to be happy already.


Lee Joon Hyuk (Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit)

I went into this drama completely expecting to fall for Kim Heechul. He had an advantage as well, since I was already loving that selang in We Got Married Global. Instead, I fell in love with this man - both the young and old version. You know that a character is perfectly written when you fall in love with the 70 year old version.

Joon Hyuk's intelligence and stoic nature is what wins it for me. I'm not sure, but recently I've found myself really loving these kind of mature and serious characters. The actual appearance of the actor has glazed over for me in many shows and, instead, I just want the kind of man I can rely on. Joon Hyuk's growing revelation about how important his family is and how much he loves them just adds on to his character and makes him more loveable.


Seo Joon (Love Rain)

Fact is that I loved Seo Joon's character a lot more than In-Ha as a youngster (loved him as a father though). I'm probably just a sucker for an artistic guy, but as soon as I found out that Joon was a photographer, I knew he was the man for me. It also made me laugh how the hair style changed Jang Geun Suk's appearance so much.

Although the kiss scene was odd for me (Am I the only one who thought the Prince soundtrack made it seem almost... perverted?) I was really drawn towards his awkwardness as he gradually fell for Jung Han Na (also known as pretty Yoona who resembles my niece). Similar to how I always fall for Geun Suk's characters, I found that I hated him at first but grew to love him.





Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.