I tend to put too much thought and worry into the first post (almost as much as I do deciding on my blog name and template considering that it is already a minute past midnight) so I figured that I would skip all of that and jump right in.

Something people tend to forget, which will forever astound me, is that clothing is not merely what you put on your back. Just like a designer has to take into account type, kerning, colour selection, stock paper, style and all that in order to properly communicate to their audience, dressing yourself is no different. There are a lot of girls who roll themselves out of bed in the morning with little to no thought as to what they are wearing. While people think that can show people that they are 'too cool to care', I honestly think that it just makes you look sloppy.

You don't need to wear Chanel every day, but putting in consideration as to how people perceive you will move your forward leaps and bounds. As someone who often places herself below others in terms of success, intelligence and talent, I will always (and I mean always) attempt to make up for that in hard work and good impressions.

For that, I would never walk about Forever New. From the quality of their fabrics to their designs, they move beyond the tacky trends of short micro skirts and embellished nightclub dresses to ensure that we look like modern princesses sans the tiara.

With the reminder that these images do not belong to me and are used purely for reference purposes, I want to introduce everyone to Forever New's Sugar Blossom collection. I'm certain that it's been out for a while but, with all of the flowing fabrics, soft colours and lace, it reminds me of the reason I had fallen in love with the chain store in the first place. I love dresses, especially if they look just as stunning on the streets as they do during a romantic beach side stroll.


My personal favourite is the Annika Embroidered Bodice Dress (see below) that's available at the store for 200$. Although I admit that Forever New isn't the most affordable for students such as myself, they do have sales quite frequently and, from my experience, make up for the cost with really great customer service and quality. Remember, you get what you pay for and, frankly, I'd rather pay more for a lovely dress and a sweet check out girl than be rudely harassed by the underpaid, 'couldn't care less' girls.











Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.