Personally, I am finally loving f(x)'s comeback. In the past, although I enjoyed watching the girls on variety shows, I never quite got their music. It was all so boppy and, while that's good on occasion, always left me with a feeling of disappointment.

In their previous comeback with Pink Tape, they did an art film that was perfect.  I loved it but, unfortunately, they then released Rum Pum Pum Pum which, although was a good song, all just sounded like Electric Shock all over again. It was no different from everything else that they and numerous other girl groups had done before and definitely did not make use of the five girl's potential.

F(x) has a lot of fans but they seemed to always get the short end of the stick when compared with artists like SNSD, EXO and (of course) big sunbae TVXQ. For me, Red Light broke this streak and definitely gave us something to be excited about! They went back to the artistic glory of Pink Tape and brought of a darker, haunting concept. It's quickly becoming the trend in both kpop and fashion now and, even though F(x) is a little late, I will never complain about it.




The teasers were gorgeous and the song was great. My only complaint about the music video is that dance sequence which was too much of a conventional SM Entertainment video for me. I think it would have been interesting to put forward a drama video or to have filmed the think in a similar fashion to Pink Tape. They can do the dance in live performances, but they really didn't suit the raw, artistic concept of the song.

As for the costuming, one might be able to note how I've suddenly become very obsessed with black and white. Usually my favourite costume choice would sway towards Sulli but, in this comeback, I'm very much in love with how everyone is dressed. They've even (finally) gotten Amber to dress like the feminine tomboy she was back in debut days rather then just raiding the mens section of what ever chain store the stylists go to.

I hope SM Entertainment continues to work in this direction. Most of their artists have been known for their boring, convention box set MVs. While they are all highly talented, the lack of edge in the creative team's work has been holding them back. Also, can comeone ask these guys to style EXO for their next comeback? Because I don't want to start on the costuming for Overdose.

And to prove that this post was meant for more than just me ranting about F(x) glorious new concept, here are for looks inspired by the Red Light MV. The look for this concept uses a lot of black and small amounts of white. Accessories is the most important, using a lot of stud and chain embellishments, as well as chain headpieces which are getting extremely popular now. In fact, you'll soon be able to purchase some chain hairpieces like those in Red Light on my brand's online store, which is launching in approximately a month.



Red Light Inspiration

Until then, keep supporting F(x) guys and lets hope they stick to these artsy concepts from now on.



4 Comments

  1. Always love your pictures! Your blog style is great!

    xo!

    http://www.calluswhatever.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been intrigued by the whole KPOP phenomena in Asia and how they micro manage everything from the way they dress to how they present themselves.

    http://www.bisousnatasha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! If you're interested, I am starting a series of posts talking about the KPOP industry from the discovery/training of their idols to the marketing process.

      http://prettylittlebambi.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/how-to-become-kpop-idol-part-i.html

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.