I haven't dated a hundred men, but I like to think that I've figuratively had to kiss a few frogs. Although I hadn't found my prince yet, I did get a general of idea of who my prince would be (and it's not Jiyong). Here's my two cents about who I would consider my perfect man.


Well educated/cultured/read

For some unknown reason, this is a really big thing for me. I don't mean that I want a man to have graduated Harvard and that, if he didn't, he isn't 'up to standard'. However, I find that since I feel that my own intelligence is my stronger point, I want a man who is just as book smart or smarter so that we can either converse about the same things or I can learn from him. I don't care if someone can recite a text book to me, but someone who is capable of deep analytical thoughts would be amazing.

Mature and preferably older than me

I've dated younger than me most of the time (not by a lot, max is just over a year) but I'm now at the point in life where I want someone older. I'm not judging based on age, but rather the idea that someone older will be more mature and ready to be serious with things. I don't enjoying partying, clubbing or drinking so anyone with that kind of lifestyle is out for me. I prefer someone who has a stable job and career.

Good sense of style

Please. I don't intend for him to dress like G-Dragon, but to be presentable and to care about your own appearance is such a big thing for me. Don't spend hours on it and there's no need to be 'vain' but put a bit of thought into it. If you can't do this, then please let me be your stylist because I actually love doing that.

Genuinely kind hearted

This is massive for me and should probably be higher up on the list. So many of us girls go through high school wanting someone 'cute' and 'funny', but never have we really stopped to think that we want someone seriously nice. Stopping to help someone on the streets, donating to charity or doing someone for a good cause - all of that goes a long way for me.

Responsible and caring

I don't want someone who cares about nothing but having fun. I want someone with a stable job, who I can truly trust and feel safe with. My dream is to find a man who, when we're out on a date, will not only think of me and what I want, but perhaps stop (if the occasion arises) and say that we should get something for my family. I've been with people and, while I'm always the one to consider their family during special occasions, my own seems to always be neglected. And that leads to...

Respect my family and my upbringing

While I don't come from a super strict upbringing, I can say that we're fairly conservative. I'm sick and tired of 'men' who can't handle my family and yet think it's okay to bad mouth them in front of me. My family means the world to me and, if you don't treat them well, then you're going to the curb.

Supportive

I'm an ambitious kind of person. I want strong wants and desires. While someone can support me emotionally the whole way, I'm essentially an independent kind of person and I want a life for myself too. Personally, I need someone who understands that and will support me in my endeavours, not tear my dreams down.



In the end, one person's perfect man is not necessarily the same to the next person. For me, these kind of traits are things that I decided upon based on past experiences, and I'm sure that you have them too. What I learnt is that, while it's okay not to follow these like some kind of check list, you should never ever settle for less. 

Don't stay with someone who hurts you or makes you unhappy. Don't turn back.

Move forward for yourself because you are the only constant in life.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.